I was asked to participate in the California Walnuts Holiday Blogger Challenge so I thought that this would be a great place to start. Although it's not an original recipe, it's a traditional tried-and-true Christmas recipe.
Walnut Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature (cut into pieces)
- pinch salt
- icing sugar
When they are lukewarm roll the cookies in icing sugar and again when completely cooled.
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Did you know?
- walnuts are the only nut with a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids
- due to omega-3's walnuts can lower cholesterol, protect the heart, defend against certain cancers and help ease symptoms of inflammatory diseases like arthritis
- the fat in walnuts is 72.4 percent heart-healthy polyunsaturated fat
- walnuts contain no cholesterol and no trans fat
- walnuts are an excellent source of magnesium, folic acid, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, iron, zinc and dietary fibre
Another recipe that I made on Sunday was homemade peppermint patties. Stay tuned!