When I made them, however, I did make some changes to the recipe to bring them up another level.
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour (don't bother buying some, simply take some oats and put them through a coffee grinder - instant flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (I substituted with honey)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- handful mini chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (I used the pumpkin I had steamed earlier this week - see previous post)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tbsp milk (I omitted completely since i used honey instead of sugar..honey is a liquid so no additional moisture was needed)
- 1 tbsp oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
Mix them together until it is combined.
Form the dough into balls and place in the fridge.